Saturday, May 18, 2013

Julia's preschool and Nathan's baby blessing


I was happy to get Julia in one of the neighborhood preschools a month after Nathan was born. 3 of the 5 other kids were in my primary class for the first year after we moved here. This is such a funny age. Half of the time I don't know what anyone's talking about, between the nonsensical things they say and all the speech impediments, but they are so perfect and sweet. It was fun to see Julia acclimate into this group. She is so at home and happy! 



Nathan was 4 1/2 weeks old when we had his baby blessing. We would have waited but since his cousin David was born 2 weeks after him I thought we might end up with both on one Sunday. As it turned out I scheduled it for Sept 30 because Oct 6 was General Conference and I assumed we would have Fast Sunday early. We didn't. I'm still glad we went early since the acid reflux got bad immediately after the blessing day (it was right around 4-5 weeks).

Nathan was very good and the blessing was beautiful as always. My awesome friend Kelly Varga jotted down notes of the blessing which was nice because I missed some of it sitting next to a noisy Julia.


We had lunch at the park afterward. My grandparents on both sides, Erik's Nana, his dad, and then my parents, and my siblings that could make it were all there. Nana wanted to sit in the sun which is why the families are segregated! Nathan slept and we ate a great meal with some great company.






No comments:

Post a Comment