Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Post about Alli

Allison is growing up, now 5 years old. I think it's safe to say we are now done with the terrible 2s, and 3s, and 4s. I love 5-year olds! Allison has become such a fun little big girl. It delights me to see her becoming Allison. I teach a class in the junior primary so each Sunday I also get a peak at her interacting with friends in her primary class. They all seem pretty comfortable with each other. Allison always acts exactly the way she feels. If she's happy, everybody knows it. If she's sad, everybody knows it. I've been telling her for a while that when she is happy her face literally shines and lights up the whole room. It's true. She loves knowing that about herself. Here are some pics from her little party.

 
Face paints. I probably wouldn't recommend using blues and purples, Julia looked bruised and abused the whole day. I think it concerned a few strangers.
 

 
Here's the bday cake (after the fact - oops, forgot to snap a pic til that night).


Her birthday was a busy day. As soon as we finished the party we drove to an appointment with a pediatric surgeon to have him look at a mysterious bump she had. He determined it was another hernia (she's had an umbilical hernia and I too have a hernia that comes and goes). We scheduled the surgery for April 5th, two days later to have it removed. She was a good sport. As it turned out, the lump was actually just fatty scar tissue from a fall she had.


No comments:

Post a Comment